- Stocks to buy with Anil Singhvi: Sanjiv Bhasin call Zee Business - BUY Tata Steel, HDFC AMC | check share price targets
- Bank stocks in focus: Nifty Bank jumps 1% ahead of RBI policy decision tomorrow; CLSA gives Buy call on these counters
- Rise in home loan interest beyond 9.5 % to have high impact on housing sales: Survey
- Rupee vs Dollar: Indian currency rebounds 35 paise to 81.58 against $
- LIVE: RBI Monetary Policy Review Meeting - MPC to announce another hike? Outcome Date, Time, Expectations, Latest News
Oprah-backed Weight Watchers slumps 30 percent on weak revenue forecast
Shares of Weight Watchers International Inc plunged 30 percent on Tuesday after it forecast 2019 revenue below Wall Street expectations, and the company said investor Oprah Winfrey will play a central role in its marketing campaign.
The company said it expects 2019 revenue to be about $1.4 billion, below analysts` average estimate of $1.66 billion, according to IBES estimate from Refinitiv.
"We had a soft start to 2019 versus last year`s strong performance with the launch of WW Freestyle ... Given our Winter Campaign did not recruit as expected, we have been focused on improving member recruitment trends," Chief Executive Officer Mindy Grossman said in a statement.
Grossman added Oprah Winfrey will play a central role in the company`s upcoming TV and digital marketing campaign for Spring.
She currently holds an 8 percent stake in the company, after selling a portion of her holdings in 2018.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.