- IPO: 11 public offers raise Rs 33,000 cr between April-June FY23; 17 more in pipeline
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Akasa Air first commercial flight flagged off by Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on this
- IRDAI to rename grievance redressal mechanism; complaints can be filed in regional languages soon
- Market next week: Global cues, macro numbers, last batch of earnings to dictate D-Street in holiday-truncated week: Experts
- Eight of top-10 valued firms add Rs 98,235 cr in m-cap; Infosys, TCS lead gainers
ONGC to invest 6,000 crore in drilling wells in Assam
State-run oil behemoth ONGC Sunday said it will pump in Rs 6,000 crore in drilling 200 wells over the next seven years in Assam in order to increase the output from the state.
The investment will take place Sivasagar and Charaideo districts of Upper Assam, besides planning to hire over 300 persons in the state, ONGC Director (Onshore) S K Moitra said "The ONGC would be investing about Rs 6,000 crore in drilling 200 developmental wells across fields under ONGC Assam Asset in Sivasagar and Charaideo districts," Moitra said in a statement.
The wells are proposed to be drilled during the next seven years starting from the current financial year, he added.
"All statutory clearances are being obtained. The investment will lead to increase in production from the state," Moitra said.
The ONGC is giving further impetus to its activities in alignment with the prime minister's call for reducing import by 10 per cent by 2022 and North East Hydrocarbon Vision 2030, he added.
Talking about hiring in the state, Moitra said: "The ONGC Management has always accorded top priority to Assam and in 2019, special focus is being given. As a New Year gift, 308 posts for recruitment by ONGC Assam Asset (non-executive level) has been announced."
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.