- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Indiabulls Housing Finance settles case with Sebi
Indiabulls Housing Finance has settled proceedings with markets regulator Sebi, in connection with alleged shareholding disclosure lapses, after paying over Rs 14 lakh towards settlement fees.
In an order passed today, Sebi said it has disposed of the "adjudication proceedings initiated against the applicant -- Indiabulls Financial Services Ltd (now known as Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd)".
It was alleged that Indiabulls had failed to make the requisite disclosures to the BSE and the NSE with respect to the shareholding of Indiabulls Employees Welfare Trust (IEWT) under the provisions of the Equity Listing Agreement.
IEWT was holding more than 1 per cent shares in Indiabulls for the quarters ended December 2010 till June 2012.
The regulator, in January 2016, had initiated adjudication proceedings against Indiabulls Financial Services to inquire into the possible violation of the Listing Agreement.
Pending adjudication proceedings, the company submitted a an application to Sebi in October last year to settle the case.
Thereafter, Sebi's High Powered Advisory Committee recommended the case for settlement on the payment of Rs 14.39 lakh. This was also approved by Sebi's panel of whole-time members, following which it remitted the amount.
Accordingly, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) had disposed of the adjudication proceedings initiated against Indiabulls.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.