- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
ICAR, CSIR to work together in field of food, agriculture
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) have agreed to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture.
"Both the sides agreed to collaborate and work together on mutually agreed areas of agri-foods, medicinal and aromatic plants, nutraceuticals, precision agriculture, big data analysis, use of artificial intelligence, genetic modifications in cotton, application of sensors in agriculture, post-harvest management and agricultural mechanisation," ICAR said in a statement.
The huge network of Krishi Vigyan Kendras available with ICAR will be roped in for technology demonstration and dissemination.
A memorandum of understanding was signed on Monday by Trilochan Mohapatra, secretary of Department of Agricultural Research and Education and director general of ICAR, and Shekhar C Mande, secretary of Department for Scientific & Industrial Research and director general of CSIR.
A joint working committee will be constituted within a month to deliberate and formulate the collaborative programmes and will meet four times a year. ICAR and CSIR have agreed to form a steering committee to monitor the progress.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.