- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
HSBC cuts dozens of investment banking jobs: source
HSBC is preparing to lay off dozens of staff in its global banking & markets business, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters, as it continues a cost-cutting drive aimed at protecting its dividend.
The redundancies will mainly impact sales and advisory staff in the lender`s global banking and markets divisions, the source said, with affected staff being informed this week.
A spokesman for HSBC declined to comment.
The cuts reflect several weeks of 2019 budget planning by the bank`s senior management team, the source said, which recently welcomed former Royal Bank of Scotland executive Ewen Stevenson as its new Chief Financial Officer.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.