- Dalal Street Corner: Market ends flat even as FII selling nears exhaustion; what should investors do on Friday?
- Exclusive: June GST collections estimated at Rs 1.37-1.39 lakh cr, sources tell Zee Business ahead of announcement on 1 July
- Eknath Shinde sworn in as 30th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Fadnavis becomes Deputy CM
- Gold Price Today: Weaker Rupee to hold yellow metal slide domestically, amid strengthening Dollar; analyst suggests strategy
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Haryana governor bats for livestock development
New schemes should be implemented for development of livestock, which will help in doubling the income of farmers in Haryana, Governor Satyadeo Narain Arya said Thursday.
Arya was interacting with Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister O P Dhankar and senior officials after releasing a booklet 'Prakritik Pashu Chikitsa Padhti' at Raj Bhawan here, an official release said.
The booklet has been published by Haryana Pashu Chikitsak Parishad and the Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department.
The governor said Haryana has immense possibilities of livestock development.
Keeping in view these possibilities, the department has done commendable job in the field of cattle breed improvement and other areas, as a result of which Haryana is at the second position in terms of per capita milk availability, he said.
Arya said about Rs 24.98 crore is being spent under Cattle and Buffalo Breeding and Dairy Development Programme, which would improve the breeds of Sahiwal and Gir, and double the income of farmers.
Dhankar said Mobile Veterinary Unit Scheme is being launched in Haryana.
Under this scheme, a team of doctors would reach the doorstep to give treatment to sick cattle, he said.
He also said Rs 30 crore is being spent on gaushalas (cow shelters) in the state. Apart from this, solar systems are being installed in gaushalas at 90 per cent subsidy, he added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.