- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million barrels from November
- WHO flags concern over four India-made cough syrups potentially linked to children's death in Gambia
- Nobel Prize 2022: Chemistry Nobel goes to 3 scientists for developing way of snapping molecules together
- 5G users to get speed at par with professional computers: Experts
Govt to provide grants to cities buying EVs for mass transport
The Centre has invited proposals from cities with population above 10 lakh for extending grants under the FAME India scheme to promote large-scale adoption of electric vehicles in multi-modal public transport.
Using clean energy modes like electric vehicles for shared mass transport will help bring down high pollution level in big cities.
An Expression of Interest floated by the Heavy Industries Ministry has invited proposals from state government departments, undertakings and municipal corporations for availing incentives to procure electric buses, electric four- wheelers, passenger cars and electric three-wheelers.
"The Expression of Interest is for a pilot project under the FAME India Scheme, specifically designed to give a push to electric vehicles in multi-modal public transport," a senior government official told
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.