- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
Govt allows non-transport usage of quadricycles
The government has allowed non-transport usage of quadricycles with a view to providing a safe and cheap mode for the last mile connectivity, an official statement said Friday.
A quadricycle is a vehicle which is of the size of a three wheeler but with four tyres and fully covered like a car but its maximum speed limit and engine capacity are lower than that of a small car.
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified the insertion of the item Quadricycle as a non-transport vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988...This makes it a cheap and safe mode of transport for last mile connectivity, the road transport ministry said.
Quadricycles were only allowed for transport usage under the Act, but now has been made usable for non-transport also, it added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.