- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million barrels from November
- WHO flags concern over four India-made cough syrups potentially linked to children's death in Gambia
- Nobel Prize 2022: Chemistry Nobel goes to 3 scientists for developing way of snapping molecules together
- 5G users to get speed at par with professional computers: Experts
Gionee eyes spot in top 5 smartphone tally in India by March
Handset maker Gionee aims to secure a spot in the top 5 tally in the Indian smartphone market by March next year as it expands its product portfolio and strengthens retail presence in the country.
The company, which competes with the likes of Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo and others, has also ramped up its marketing budget to around Rs 750 crore in 2017-18.
"India is a very important market for us. According to GfK data, we had the sixth position. By March 2018, we are looking at being among the top 5," Gionee India Global Sales Director David Chang told
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.