- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Exclusive: Papa John's seeks investment after it abandons outright sale: sources
Papa John`s International Inc, the world`s third-largest pizza delivery company, is pursuing the sale of a stake in itself after acquisition offers it received from private equity firms did not meet its valuation expectations, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Any such deal would come amid a battle for control of Papa John`s with the chain`s founder John Schnatter, who owns about 30 percent of the company. Schnatter resigned as chairman in July following reports that he had used a racial slur on a media training conference call. He retains a seat on the company`s board.
The transaction, which could be structured as a private investment in public equity, would boost Papa John`s finances, the sources said, as the Louisville, Kentucky-based company seeks to recover from low franchisee profitability and boost its sales through promotional discounts.
There is no certainty that Papa John`s will agree to any deal, the sources said, asking not to be identified because the matter is confidential. Papa John`s declined to comment.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.