- What should investors do with Bajaj Auto Buyback? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- JP Morgan bullish on global markets in H2; rejects possibility of recession, sees inflation receding in second half
- Dalal Street Corner: Easing commodity prices, buying interest in IT, Metal help market extend gains; what should investors do on
- PM Modi meets Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau at G7 Summit
- Mahindra Scorpio-N 2022: Finally, New Scorpio is here - Price, Booking Open Date, Delivery Date, Variants, Features and more
Davos: China says it can achieve sustainable economic growth
China`s economy will continue to achieve sustainable growth despite global uncertainties, Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan said on Wednesday, days after the second-largest economy posted its weakest economic expansion in nearly three decades.
"There will be a lot of uncertainties in 2019, but China`s economy will continue to achieve sustainable growth," Wang told delegates at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
"Speed does matter. But what really matters is the quality and efficiency of our economic development," he said.
Wang added that China did not see its economy entering an end of an expansionary cycle.
In a remark apparently aimed at the United States, he also called on all nations to uphold multilateralism and do whatever they can to ensure global imbalances do not worsen.
This week, China reported a cooling of fourth quarter growth due to faltering domestic demand and a trade war with the United States, which has imposed bruising tariffs on Chinese goods.
In the quarter, gross domestic product grew at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis, easing to 6.4 percent year-on-year, as expected. That pulled full-year growth down to 6.6 percent, the slowest annual pace since 1990.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.