- Market ends with marginal cuts this week; FMCG gains, Consumer Durables decline—What should investors do on Monday?
- Investors with short term view must book profits now; import duty hike, rupee weakness may arrest price correction, temporarily
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Maruti Suzuki, Ashok Leyland: What makes brokerages bullish on these auto stocks?
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
City to host first international Jewellery Show for 'Kalkatte'
At a time when handmade gold jewellery segment in the overall gems and jewellery industry is shrinking, a first-ever International jewellery show is being organised in the city to help boost 'Kalkatte', the exquisite Bengal brand of jewellery known for its designs and work of art.
"The share of handmade jewellery is shrinking from the east due to lack of proper visibility of Bengal jewellery. The industry in this part of the country decided to join in organising an international show of its own instead of participating in Mumbai shows," Bullion and Jewellery Association secretary Ravi Karel said Tuesday.
Around 70 international companies are expected to place order in the show, KNC services managing director Kranti Nagvekar said.
"If sourcing of handmade jewellery improves, it will lure the artisans to return home from Maharastra and Gujarat," jewellery veteran Pankaj Parekh said.
The January 12-14 show is expected to see participation of buyers from USA, UK, Turkey, Middle East, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore are expected, the organsiors claimed.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.