- What should investors do with Bajaj Auto Buyback? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- JP Morgan bullish on global markets in H2; rejects possibility of recession, sees inflation receding in second half
- Dalal Street Corner: Easing commodity prices, buying interest in IT, Metal help market extend gains; what should investors do on
- PM Modi meets Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau at G7 Summit
- Mahindra Scorpio-N 2022: Finally, New Scorpio is here - Price, Booking Open Date, Delivery Date, Variants, Features and more
Cabinet okays secretary, joint secretary posts in fisheries dept
The Union Cabinet Tuesday approved one post of secretary and one post of joint secretary in the newly established department of fisheries.
"The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved one post of secretary in the level 17 (Rs 2,25,000 fixed) and one post of Joint Secretary in the level 14 of the pay matrix (Rs 1,44,200-2,18,200) in the Department of Fisheries on permanent basis..." an official statement said.
These posts have been approved to ensure smooth functioning and fulfil the mandate of the newly created department.
"Newly created posts would enable the Department of Fisheries to undertake/monitor number of projects/schemes for the development of the sector, the welfare and protection of the interest of the large number of fishermen," it added.
In this year's Budget, the government proposed to create a separate department of fisheries to provide sustained and focused attention towards development of this sector.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.