- 2022 Hyundai Tucson launched in India - Check price, specifications and more
- Covid-19 vaccine: Adults vaccinated with Covaxin, Covishield can take Corbevax precaution dose
- Gold Prices Today: Yellow metal price subdued ahead US inflation data | Check rates in your city
- Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2022 Live Updates: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 launch today - Check timings, live streaming detai
- Bharti Airtel share price jumps over 2% on strong Q1 earnings; Brokerages recommend Buy - check price target
Brexit lures numerous financial institutions to Germany - watchdog
More than 45 financial institutions are planning to newly establish themselves or significantly increase their presence in Germany as a result of Britain`s planned exit from the European Union, a German official said on Tuesday.
The figure was announced by Felix Hufeld, the president of Germany`s financial markets watchdog BaFin. It marks the most up-to-date and authoritative indication of Brexit`s impact on Germany`s financial landscape.
Among banks that announced plans to relocate some of their EU operations to Frankfurt are Citigroup
In August, Hufeld said that Germany was processing more than 25 banking licences.
Hufeld also called on Tuesday for greater coordination in Europe in the fight against money laundering.
"For me, money laundering preventing is an absolutely urgent task," Hufeld said. "A better coordination in Europe is necessary."
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.