- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Brazil government approves Boeing-Embraer tie-up
The Brazilian government on Thursday said it would allow a proposed tie-up between planemakers Embraer SA
The deal still must be approved by shareholders and regulators, but winning the backing of Brazil`s government was its biggest hurdle.
Under the proposed deal, Embraer will sell 80 percent of its commercial plane division, its most profitable, for $4.2 billion. The deal is seen as part of a reshaping of the global aviation market for mid-sized planes. It follows a similar deal by Boeing`s rival Airbus
Embraer`s private shareholders now must vote to approve or reject the deal within 30 days.
Shortly after assuming the presidency on Jan. 1, Bolsonaro, a former army captain, had expressed concern that Boeing might end up owning all of Embraer if the deal was approved under the terms proposed.
But on Thursday, a statement from his office said his government had analyzed the proposal and found that it "preserves (Brazil`s) sovereignty and the national interests."
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.