- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
Birla Corporation Q4 net profit falls 2.23pc to Rs 128.19cr
Birla Corporation on Friday reported a 2.23-per cent on-year fall in net profit to Rs 128.19 crore during the quarter to March.
Revenue from operations of the flagship company of the M P Birla group rose to Rs 1,872.76 crore in the three months ended March from Rs 1,650.81 crore in the corresponding period a year ago, the company said in a statement.
However, Birla Corp's bottomline for the quarter "grew 11 per cent year-on-year after adjusting for one-off deferred tax credit of Rs 16 crore in the corresponding period of the previous fiscal", it said.
Cement sales during January-March stood at 3.85 million tonne, up 13.2 per cent from 3.4 million tonne in the corresponding quarter a year ago.
EBIDTA for the quarter under review grew 15 per cent to Rs 333.95 crore on the back of better sales and realisation, while the operating profit for the full fiscal was at Rs 1,027 crore.
The company's production units are now operating at more than 90 per cent of their installed capacity, the statement said.
The board declared a dividend of Rs 7.50 per share.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.