- Navratna SIP on Zee Business: BUY Electrosteel Castings share - check price target
- Rupee Vs Dollar: Former CEA K.V. Subramanian explains INR's fall versus greenback; when will USD appreciation stop?
- Croma: Apple iPhone 13 available at Rs 51,990, Apple Watch SE at Rs 27,900 - How to get this deal
- Multibagger stocks: Pondy Oxides, Ram Ratna Wires share price drops 5% ahead of turning ex-bonus tomorrow | Details
- Nirmala Sitharaman criticises states seeking more funds, says 'You Me' culture won't work
Automobile firm makes presentation on electric buses to Gahlot
A week after the Delhi government announced that it would procure e-buses, representatives of a leading automobile manufacturer today met Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot and made a presentation on electric vehicles.
The minister, along with department officials, also inspected an e-bus, a Delhi government official said.
The government has fast-paced the procurement process for 500 e-buses.
"The process for procurement of the 500 buses has been expedited. Daily meetings are being held to work out the economics of the purchase and available technology to choose the best available and cost-effective buses," the official said.
The decision to buy 500 e-buses was made in a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. The Delhi government has chalked out a "short-term plan" to procure 500 electric buses (e-buses).
As per the one-year plan, 500 low-floor, air-conditioned e-buses would be procured. The transporter minister also met officials of the Delhi Multi Modal Transit System (DIMTS) on the matter.
The government will buy the buses using the environment cess fund of about Rs 800 crore.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.