- Navratna SIP on Zee Business: BUY Electrosteel Castings share - check price target
- Rupee Vs Dollar: Former CEA K.V. Subramanian explains INR's fall versus greenback; when will USD appreciation stop?
- Croma: Apple iPhone 13 available at Rs 51,990, Apple Watch SE at Rs 27,900 - How to get this deal
- Multibagger stocks: Pondy Oxides, Ram Ratna Wires share price drops 5% ahead of turning ex-bonus tomorrow | Details
- Nirmala Sitharaman criticises states seeking more funds, says 'You Me' culture won't work
Altria to tap European bond market to help fund Juul stake buy
Altria Group will tap the European investment grade corporate bond market to help finance its $12.8 billion purchase of a stake in e-cigarette maker Juul Labs Inc, the Marlboro maker said in a regulatory filing on Monday.
The tobacco company said it would issue the bonds in four tranches in denominations of 100,000 euros as it looks to prepay a term loan arranged by JPMorgan Chase & Co to fund the deal. That loan matures on Dec. 19, 2019.
The four-year tranche is expected to price at 110 to 115 basis points above the midswaps rate, according to pricing guidance published by Refinitiv`s IFR.
Altria`s deal for a 35 percent stake in the controversial e-cigarette maker Juul, along with a stake buy in Canadian cannabis company Cronos Group Inc in December last year, roughly doubled the company`s total debt.
The sharp increase in leverage was among the reasons behind rating agencies Standard & Poor`s and Fitch`s two-notch downgrades of Altria`s credit rating in December.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.