Here are 10 key themes of FM Arun Jaitley's Budget 2017
Find out the 10 key themes of India's Union Budget 2017-18 as the FM Arun Jaitley begins his speech on Budget 2017.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented India's Union Budget 2017-18 speech in Parliament based on ten key themes on Wednesday.
The Government of India for the first time presented the Union Budget on February 1 as against its traditional practice of presenting it on the last working day of February.
Press Information Bureau of India (PIB India) tweeted the ten key themes of the Budget 2017 on Wednesday.
— PIB India (@PIB_India) February 1, 2017
Here are the ten key themes of FM Jaitley's Budget 2017:
1. Farmers: For whom we have committed to double income in five years.
2. Rural Population: Providing employment and basic infrastucture.
3. Youth: Energising them through education, skills and jobs.
4.Poor and Under-privileged: Strengthening the system of social security, health care and affordable housing.
5.Infrastructure: For efficiency, productivity and quality of life.
6.Financial Sector: Growth and stability through stronger institutions.
7.Digital Economy: For speedy accountability and transparency.
8. Public Service: Effective governance and efficiency of service delivery through people's participation.
9. Prudent Fiscal Management: To ensure optimal deployment of resources and preserve financial stability.
10. Tax Administration: Honouring the honest
ALSO READ: Here are five key highlights of Budget 2017