Here's list of 10 steps initiated by Indian Railways for hassle-free travel
Automatic refund of confirmed/Reservation Against Cancellation/e-tickets on cancellation of trains.
In an attempt to make rail commuting as hassle-free, the Indian Railways has taken several initiatives in the last two years since Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu came on board in 2014.
Ministry of Railways in a statement on Wednesday has said that it has introduced various steps to facilitate rail passengers commute.
Here are 10 steps that Indian Railways has taken to make rail commute easier:
1. Introduction of the Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme known as ‘Vikalp’ to give option to wait-listed passengers to shift to alternate train having vacant accommodation.
2. Provision of facility to physical handicapped persons to book reserved tickets online.
3. Introduction of paperless unreserved tickets on mobile.
4. Provision of All India 24x7 helpline No 138.
5. Automatic refund of confirmed/Reservation Against Cancellation/e-tickets on cancellation of trains.
6. Launching of Hindi lanuage portal of Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation's (IRCTC) website.
7. Enhancement of Senior Citizen quota as well as quota earmarked for physically handicapped persons.
8. Making provision in the system for preparation of reservation charts at least four hours before the scheduled departure of train.
9. Provision of facility to book available accommodation after preparation of first reservation chart through internet as well as across any computerized passsenger reservation system (PRS) counter.
10. E-ticketing facility to foreign debit/credit cards for foreign tourists and non-resident Indians (NRIs).
The announcements made in the Rail Budget 2016-17 are being monitored to ensure their implementation at the earliest, cited the Ministry of Railways in a statement.