Here's itinerary of PM Narendra Modi's visit to Spain
1. PM Narendra Modi has arrived in Spain on May 30, Tuesday
2. Modi will hold bilateral meeting with Spain President Mariano Rajoy to discuss ways to enhance bilateral engagement in the economic areas , among others
3. He is the first Indian prime minister to visit the Spain in nearly three decades
Prime minister Narendra Modi who is on his six-day four-nation tour visit to European continent has arrived in Spain on Tuesday.
"Landed in Spain, marking the start of a very important visit aimed at improving economic and cultural relations with Spain," Modi said on Twitter.
Landed in Spain, marking the start of a very important visit aimed at improving economic and cultural relations with Spain. pic.twitter.com/xXOuuZv9tl
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 30, 2017
Modi is the first Indian prime minister to visit the Spain in nearly three decades. Before Modi India's then prime minister Rajiv Gandhi had visited the country in 1988, according to IANS report.
This visit of Modi is aimed at improving economic and cultural relations of India with Spain.
"There is significant potential for deepening bilateral trade and investment ties. We seek active participation of Spanish industry in various Indian projects including infrastructure, smart cities, digital economy, renewable energy, defence and tourism," PIB said quoting Modi as saying in his official departure statement on Sunday.
With bilateral trade on upward curve, Spain is India´s significant trading partner in the European Union pic.twitter.com/KsTf3EUgQx
— Indian Diplomacy (@IndianDiplomacy) May 31, 2017
Here's itinerary of Modi's visit to Spain :
1. On Wednesday, Modi will call on Majesty King Felipe VI during his visit to the country
2. Later in a day, Modi will meet Spain's president Mariano Rajoy and will hold bilateral meeting with him to discuss ways to enhance bilateral engagement, especially in the economic sphere, and co-operation on international issues of common concern, particularly in combating terrorism
3. Modi will also hold a round-table interaction on Wednesday with a select group of Spanish chief executive officers (CEOs) who are keen to invest and expand their presence in India, cited IANS report
"The first meeting of the India-Spain CEOs Forum will be held on the sidelines of my visit. I look forward to their valuable recommendations for strengthening India-Spain economic partnership," Modi had said in his departure statement.