From iPhone to demonetisation: 10 things Arun Jaitley said at Vibrant Gujarat
With a kick-start of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit on January 10, on the second day of the event Finance Minister Arun Jaitley spoke about the country's economy and situation post demonetisation. On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugrated the Summit.
Addressing the 8th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit in Gandhinagar, January 11, 2017 https://t.co/xsug0rplLb
— Arun Jaitley (@arunjaitley) January 11, 2017
Here are 10 things Jaitley said:
1. Need bold reforms to transform economy
2. Once GST is implemented,a combination of a more digitized economy with a more efficient tax system will make India better.
3. Hopes to resolve critical GST issues over next few weeks.
4. Gujarat is ready for #GST and has made all the required preparations
5. Government will consider Apple request for India tax holiday
6. Governmeny studying recapitalisation needs of state-run banks
7. After transient impact, demonetisation will lead to cleaner and larger GDP
8. GST, demonetisation to boost growth; impact will be seen this year
9. Excessive currency has its own temptations; seen its impact
10. Difficult decisions initially pass through difficult phases. Historic decisions have temporary pain attached to them, Jaitley said on demonetisation