Delhi Budget highlights: From 1.2 lakh CCTV cameras to 1000 e-buses, what govt has promised
Small sewage treatment plants to be set up in colonies of Burari, Chattarpur, Kirari, Narela, Jindpur, Palla, Bawana, Kanjhwala, Badarpur, Mundka and Najafgarh.
1) The total budget proposed is of Rs 53,000 crore in 2018-19.
2) Government has presented its first Green Budget for Delhi with 26 schemes / projects of four departments.
3) A 26-point programme for fighting pollution in the city coming.
4) Rs 1,500 crore proposed for unauthorised colonies to provide basic civic amenities.
5) 1000 fully-electric buses to ply on roads by March 2019, same number of cluster and DTC buses would be added.
6) Construction of 12,748 additional classrooms in existing schools and 30 new school buildings.
7) Universal Health Insurance Scheme for citizens of Delhi likely to start from December.
8) Subsidy of up to Rs 5,000 per tandoor will be offered to restaurants to replace coal tandoors with electricity or gas-based tandoors.
9) Installation of bulk water meters in Delhi to prevent water theft.
10) An incentive of up to Rs 1 lakh for industries in approved industrial areas willing to switch over to Piped Natural Gas (PNG) and a subsidy of Rs 50,000 to restaurants willing to replace coal tandoors with gas or electricity based ones.
11) A subsidy of Rs 30,000 to firms and establishments for switch over from diesel generator sets of 10 KVA or more capacity to clean fuel-based electric generator sets.
12) A draft road safety policy for Delhi in the next few weeks and a Delhi Road Safety Fund would be established.
13) A thousand indoor display panels to be installed inside all government buildings for information on air pollution.
14) A new scheme for the beautification of all PWD roads would be launched, named "Landscaping of PWD roads".
15) Government would purchase 1,000 MW of Green Power from the solar and wind-based generators in 2018-19.
16) 1.2 lakh CCTV cameras in all government school buildings to be installed and self-defence training to be provided to girls.
17) 1,000 Mohalla Clinics to be developed in the next financial year.
19) A new scheme for "Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drug) Abuse" to be launched.
20) Small sewage treatment plants to be set up in colonies of Burari, Chattarpur, Kirari, Narela, Jindpur, Palla, Bawana, Kanjhwala, Badarpur, Mundka and Najafgarh.
21) Happiness curriculum in all government schools to be started from next year.
22) School Management Committees of each school will be given a budget of Rs 5 lakh for purchasing books, teaching aids and for minor repair works in schools.
24) Mobile phones will be provided to Anganwadi Workers.
25) To speed up implementation, wi-fi facility installation to be taken over by the PWD from the IT department.