Amazon allows shopping upto Rs 10,000 through UPI apps
A customer can register through any of the UPI apps like BHIM, and enjoy payment facility on Amazon using his/her ID.
A good news for aficionados of online shopping. They can now select government's Unified Payment Surface (UPI) system for making payments on Amazon through mobile app and mobile browser.
Amazon has issued a guideline on its website saying, "UPI is an initiative by the government of India. Anyone who has registered on UPI and has a valid UPI ID can now make payments for their Amazon orders through the mobile shopping app and the mobile browser."
"UPI will be available as a payment method on our mobile shopping app and browser for all transactions valuing Rs 10,000 or less," said Amazon.
Here's how you can use UPI on Amazon.
- Checkout with an order total of Rs 10,000 or less.
- On the select a payment method screen, select UPI as the payment method and enter your UPI ID there (UPI ID format: ABC@XYZ) and tap on Verify.
- If the ID you’ve entered is valid, you will be prompted to go to your UPI ID linked mobile app to complete the payment.
- Go to your UPI ID linked mobile app and from the Pending Transactions tab in it, complete your Amazon.in payment.
- Once the payment is complete, you can see an order placement confirmation on your mobile shopping app/browser.
However do note, while makin payment a customer needs to make sure that the procedure is completed in 10 minutes to successfully place the order.
Refunds on such transactions will be done directly to the UPI linked bank account. The refund timeline for such transactions is 2-4 business days.
Apart from the above details, here's a list of exceptions for UPI on Amazon.
- UPI cannot be used in combination with Amazon Pay balance
- UPI is currently not available while shopping from our desktop browser
- If your payment failed initially, UPI will not be an option in the Revise/Retry payment workflow. However, you can pay using other Payment Instruments.
A customer can register for UPI through any of the UPI apps like BHIM, and enjoy payment facility on Amazon with the use of ID.
Amazon in October 2017, laid out its plan to launch UPI facility on their shopping portal.