- IPO: 11 public offers raise Rs 33,000 cr between April-June FY23; 17 more in pipeline
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Akasa Air first commercial flight flagged off by Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on this
- IRDAI to rename grievance redressal mechanism; complaints can be filed in regional languages soon
- Market next week: Global cues, macro numbers, last batch of earnings to dictate D-Street in holiday-truncated week: Experts
- Eight of top-10 valued firms add Rs 98,235 cr in m-cap; Infosys, TCS lead gainers
This airport in China launches 5G network
The Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in south China's Guangdong Province has launched a 5G base station, making it the first 5G-covered airport in the country.
The Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in south China's Guangdong Province has launched a 5G base station, making it the first 5G-covered airport in the country. The speed of the network can reach 1.14 gigabytes per second, around 50 times faster than the current 4G network, according to a test, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The base station was built by China Unicom's Guangzhou branch. It uses Huawei's 5G Lampsite, an in-depth radio coverage solution that supports indoor deployment in large to medium-sized sites.
Guangzhou Baiyun is a major airport in south China with air routes to more than 90 international and regional destinations. In 2017, it handled more than 65.8 million passenger trips.
Apart from the airport, Guangzhou also has 5G coverage in its city landmarks as well as important industrial parks.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.