SBI MD Anshula Kant named World Bank MD and CFO
In a proud moment for India, State Bank of India (SBI) Managing Director Anshula Kant was named to the prestigious World Bank (WB) posts of Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer today. This was announced by none other than WB president David Malpass.
Making this announcement, World Bank president David Malpass said, "I am very pleased to appoint Anshula Kant as World Bank Group Managing Director and CFO. Anshula brings more than 35 years of expertise in finance, banking, and innovative use of technology through her work as CFO of the State Bank of India."
According to the World Bank statement, "She's excelled at a diverse array of leadership challenges including risk, treasury, funding, regulatory compliance and operations. I look forward to welcoming her to our management team as we work to increase our effectiveness in supporting good development outcomes."
Kant, managing director of the State Bank Of India, managed USD 38 billion of revenues and total assets of USD 500 billion. Stewarding the organization, she greatly improved the capital base and focused on the long-term sustainability of SBI within her mandate.
She has been a Managing Director and member of the Board since September 2018, the World Bank said. With direct responsibility for the SBI's Risk, Compliance, and Stressed Asset Portfolio, she led the creation of investment opportunities while empowering risk management throughout the bank.
Anshula Kant was appointed SBI MD in September 2018 and was to serve till September 2020 when she would have retired from the post.
Anshula Kant: Glimpse
1. Kant is a graduate in Economic Honours from Lady Shri Ram College for Women
2. She is a Post-Graduate in Economics from Delhi School of Economics
3. She came aboard State Bank of India as a probationary officer in 1983.
4. Kant has held several key assignments in SBI including Chief General Manager (CGM) of Mumbai Circle (Maharashtra & Goa)
5. She was CEO at SBI Singapore where she was responsible for launching the retail operations, making SBI the first Indian bank to do so in that geography.
6. She has experience in retail banking, corporate credit, cross-border trade and banking in developed markets - both retail and wholesale.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.