Revealed! What Amazon boss Jeff Bezos said about his ex-wife's marriage
"Dan is such a great guy, and I am happy and excited for the both of them."
According to a latest development, MacKenzie Scott, the billionaire philanthropist and the former wife of Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos, has remarried.
MacKenzie Scott is now married to Dan Jewett, a Seattle science teacher.
The marriage to Dan Jewett was mentioned in a post on the website for the philanthropic organization The Giving Pledge, in which Jewett said he would be signing on to Scott's commitment to give away most of her wealth.
According to a WSJ report, Amazon boss Jeff Bezos in a statement provided by an Amazon spokesman reacting to his ex-wife's marriage, said, "Dan is such a great guy, and I am happy and excited for the both of them."
- Scott, 50, is the world`s 22nd-richest person worth some $53 billion, according to Forbes.
- Her 2019 divorce from Bezos after 25 years of marriage left her with a 4% stake in Amazon.
- In December, Scott said she had donated over $4.1 billion in the four months prior to food banks and emergency relief funds amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- That followed donations of $1.7 billion last year to causes including racial equality, LGBTQ rights, public health and climate change.
- "I join with the kindest and most thoughtful person I know in making this pledge, grateful for the exceptional privilege it will be to partner in giving away assets with the potential to do so much good when shared," Jewett said in the post.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.