- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Rare! Donald Trump lands in former enemy country, meets Kim Jong-un
US President Donald Trump has become the first sitting US President to step into former enemy country North Korea.
US President Donald Trump has become the first sitting US President to step into former enemy country North Korea. Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met on Sunday met at Panmunjom, a border village at the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), which separates North and South Koreas. The leaders shook hands and also had an interaction. This is the first time when the two leaders have met since their February summit in Hanoi, Vietnam. The last meet had ended abruptly without an agreement.
Trump and Kim had met for the first time during their first historic meeting last June in Singapore. On Sunday, it was the first time for leaders of the two nations to hold a meeting at Panmunjom since the Korean War ended with the Armistice Agreement in 1953. Talking to media after the meeting, Trump said it was a "great honour to cross that line (DMZ)". Kim deemed it "as a "historic moment".
The US president is on a two-day visit to South Korea. He has invited the North Korean leader to Washington. However, it was not immediately clear if Kim has accepted the invitation. If Kim accepts Trump's invitation, it will be the first time when a North Korean leader will visit the US.
This was the third Trump-Kim meeting. Reuters reported that Trump briefly crossed the inter-Korean military border into the North, becoming the first ever U.S. president to set foot in the reclusive country.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.