- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- IT indices top losers on NSE, BSE this week; Tata Elxsi gained 16%, Sterlite Tech fell 24%
- RIL Q3 Result: Reliance Industries reports 41.5% jump in December quarter profit - Rs 18,549 crore
- How to transfer EPF online? Step-by-step process fully explained
- 6.5-magnitude quake jolts Philippines, no tsunami alert issued
LG Energy Solution gets preliminary approval for IPO
Battery maker LG Energy Solution (LGES) has received preliminary approval for what has been widely tipped to be South Korea's biggest-ever initial public offering, the Korea Exchange said on Tuesday.
Battery maker LG Energy Solution (LGES) has received preliminary approval for what has been widely tipped to be South Korea’s biggest-ever initial public offering, the Korea Exchange said on Tuesday.
A supplier to Tesla Inc, General Motor Co and Hyundai Motor Co, among others, LGES filed for a review of its IPO plans in June.
In October, the wholly owned subsidiary of LG Chem Ltd resumed work on its IPO, which was suspended in August due to a lack of clarity regarding the recall costs involving GM’s Bolt electric vehicles.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The IPO could raise $10 billion to $12 billion, according to publication IFR.
A $10 billion-$12 billion IPO would be more than double the biggest ever listing in South Korea, the 2010 IPO of Samsung Life Insurance, which was worth 4.9 trillion won ($4.39 billion).
The company has mandated KB Securities and Morgan Stanley to lead the proposed deal. Bank of America, Citigroup, Daishin Securities, Goldman Sachs and Shinhan Investment Corp were also mandated as bookrunners.
LG Energy Solution reported an operating loss of 373 billion won ($313 million) in the July-September quarter versus an operating profit of 169 billion won a year earlier, a regulatory filing showed.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.