- RBI cancels Certificate of Registration of these 5 NBFCs - See full list; know reason
- Dalal Street Corner: Markets down for 3rd day in row amid profit booking in IT, broader market; what should investors do on Thu
- EXCLUSIVE: SEBI discussion paper soon to review Buyback Regulations; PMAC favours more than 1 buybacks in a year
- Cabinet approves disinvestment proposal of Hindustan Zinc: Source
- BMW i4 launch date: Luxury electric Sedan set to be launched tomorrow; All you need to know
New universal social security plan for poor on cards: All you need to know
Updated: April 29, 2018 21:12 pm
The Prime Minister's Office has reportedly cleared the labour ministry's proposal to launch a universal social security cover for 500 million workers, which includes farmers. The intent is laudable, given that most of our workforce is in the unorganised sector without any right to use institutional social security.