IND v SL 2nd ODI, Full Scorecard, Highlights: India beats Sri Lanka by 4 wickets to take 2-0 lead in 3-match series | Kuldeep, Siraj bag 3 wickets; KL Rahul scores 64
India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Live Updates, Full Scorecard, Highlights, As it Happened: KL Rahul scored 64 not out to steer India beyond the required 216-run target after top order floundered in a low-scoring second match at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Thursday. As a result, India has taken a 2-0 unassailable lead in the three-match ODI series.
Sri Lanka succumbed to Virat Kohli's onslaught with the bat in the first ODI in Guwahati, and was blown away by Indian bowlers on a tricky wicket in Kolkata.
Rajasthan Assembly Election Exit Polls Results 2023 LIVE: BJP holds edge in close fight with Congress in Rajasthan — Check BJP, Congress seat projection
Mizoram Assembly Election Exit Polls Results 2023: Will MNF retain power in state? Here is what exit polls suggest
Madhya Pradesh Election Exit Polls Results 2023 Live: Congress and BJP neck and neck in Madhya Pradesh; Check BJP, Congress seats
Chhattisgarh Exit Poll Results 2023 Live: Will Congress retain power in state? Here is what exit polls suggest
India vs Australia 4th T20I Free Live Streaming: When and Where to watch IND VS AUS T20I series Match LIVE on Mobile Apps, TV, Laptop, Online
ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Uganda creates history, qualifies for T20 World Cup; Namibia in; Zimbabwe exits
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 12, 2023
Here at the highlights of the match and the full scorecard of the second India-Sri Lanka ODI —
First Innings: Sri Lanka Batting
- Opener Nuwanidu Fernando scored a half-century on debut, while the entire Sri Lankan batting was bundled out 215 runs in 39.4 overs.
- Left -arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav, drafted in place of Yuzvendra Chahal, snared three wickets while giving away 51 runs.
- Pacers Mohammed Siraj (3/30) and Umran Malik (2/48) shared five wickets between them as Sri Lanka's innings folded.
- Apart from Fernando, who scored 50 off 63 balls, Kusal Mendis (34) and Dunith Wellalage (32) chipped in with valuable runs.
- Second Innings: India Batting:
- India began brisky courtesy Shubman Gill's 21 runs off 12 balls — punctuated by 5 boundaries.
- But, soon lost its top order — both openers, Gill and Rohit Sharma (17 runs off 21 balls), and Virat Kohli (4 runs off 9 balls) — at the score of 62 in only the 10th over of the innings.
- KL Rahul scored match-winning knock of 64 runs, off 103 balls, with 6 boundaries, and remained not out.
- Shreyas Iyer (28), Hardik Pandya (36) and Axar Patel (21) played useful cameos as KL Rahul guided Team India to victory in the 44th over.
- For Sri Lanka, Lahiru Kumara and Chamika Karunaratne took 2 wickets each, while Kasun Rajitha and Dhananjaya de Silva picked one scalp each.
India had put up a monstrous target of 374 runs for Sri Lanka in the first game of the three-match ODI series as Kohli brought up his 45th ODI ton on a docile track. In reply, the visitors fell short by 67 runs inspite of a fine rear-guard century from Lankan skipper Dasun Shanaka. Read More — IND vs SL 1st ODI Highlights: India thrashes Sri Lanka by 67 runs, goes 1-0 up in three-match-series
India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI - Full Scorecard:
Sri Lanka Innings (215 runs for the loss of 10 wkts, 39.4 Overs)
Avishka Fernando b Siraj 20
Nuwanidu Fernando run out (Shubman Gill/Rahul) 50
Kusal Mendis lbw b Kuldeep Yadav 34
Dhananjaya de Silva b Axar 0
Charith Asalanka c and b Kuldeep Yadav 15
Dasun Shanaka b Kuldeep Yadav 2
Wanindu Hasaranga c Axar b Umran Malik 21
Dunith Wellalage c Axar b Siraj 32
Chamika Karunaratne c Axar b Umran Malik 17
Kasun Rajitha not out 17
Lahiru Kumara b Siraj 0
India Bowling (Overs - Maidens- Runs - Wickets):
Mohammed Shami 7-0-43-0
Mohammed Siraj 5.4-0-30-3
Hardik Pandya 5-0-26-0
Umran Malik 7-0-48-2
Kuldeep Yadav 10-0-51-3
Axar Patel 5-0-16-1
Fine bowling effort from our bowlers as Sri Lanka are all out for 215 in 39.4 overs.
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 12, 2023
India's innings (219 runs for the loss of 6 wkts, 43.2 overs)
Rohit Sharma c Kusal Mendis b C Karunaratne 17
Shubman Gill c Avishka Fernando b Lahiru Kumara 21
Virat Kohli b Lahiru Kumara 4
Shreyas Iyer lbw b Rajitha 28
KL Rahul not out 64
Hardik Pandya c Kusal Mendis b C Karunaratne 36
Axar Patelc C Karunaratne b Dhananjaya de Silva 21
Kuldeep Yadav not out 10
Sri Lanka Bowling (Overs - Maidens- Runs - Wickets):
Kasun Rajitha 9-0-46-1
Lahiru Kumara 9.2-0-64-2
Chamika Karunaratne 8-0-51-2
Wanindu Hasaranga 10-0-28-0
Dunith Wellalage 2-0-12-0
Dasun Shanaka 2-0-6-0
Dhananjaya de Silva 3-0-9-1