Gudi Padwa 2023 date, muhurat, significance and all you need to know
Gudi Padwa 2023: Gudi is a symbol of the power to attract good fortune, signifying victory, prosperity, and happiness.
Gudi Padwa 2023: The festival Gudi Padwa or Ugadi is a popular festival celebrated in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra. While Ugadi marks the beginning of the Telugu New Year, Gudi Padwa signifies the start of the Maharashtrian New Year. Gudi Padwa or Ugadi also marks the beginning of harvest season for Rabi crops. The Gudi Padwa is observed every year on the first day of the Chaitra month, according to the Hindu calendar. This day is celebrated with great enthusiasm by the people of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Karnataka. On this day families decorate their homes and make rangolis with flowers and colours.
Ugadi, Gudi Padwa 2023: History and Significance
Gudi is a symbol of the power to attract good fortune, signifying victory, prosperity, and happiness. On this day people raise Gudi at their homes. Gudi is made up of a bamboo pole, which is 5 feet long, wrapped in a saree with a garland made of sugar candy and neem leaves. After this people perform puja and consume neem leaf prasad.
As per devotees, on the day of Gudi Padwa, Lord Brahma created the universe and he is worshipped on this day. Some devotees also believe that the concept of day, week, month, and year was also introduced on Gudi Padwa.
Gudi Padwa 2023: Time, shubh muhurat
Pratipada Tithi begins – at 10:52 pm on Mar 21, 2023
Pratipada Tithi ends – 08:20 pm on Mar 22, 2023
Gudi Padwa 2023: Wishes
- Happy Gudi Padwa to you! May this new year bring you prosperity, happiness, and success in all your endeavors. May your life be filled with joy and your heart be filled with love. Wishing you a wonderful Gudi Padwa filled with blessings and celebrations.
- Let's welcome this auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa with open arms and celebrate the new beginnings it brings.
- May the divine light of Gudi Padwa shine upon your life and bless you with prosperity, happiness, and good health.
- On this Gudi Padwa, let's pledge to spread love, kindness, and positivity all around and make this world a better place.
- As we celebrate Gudi Padwa, let's take a moment to appreciate all the blessings in our life and express gratitude for them.
- May the Gudi of prosperity and success be raised high in your life, and may you achieve all your dreams and goals with ease.
- Let's mark the beginning of a new year with joy, enthusiasm, and renewed energy. Happy Gudi Padwa to you and your family!
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.