WhatsApp trick: How to use app on PC or laptop
Can you imagine a day without WhatsApp? Probably it is almost impossible. While there is a sense of belief that the instant messaging platform helps you stay connected with your loved ones, it has made bigger inroads in our lives than just that.
Can you imagine a day without WhatsApp? Probably it is almost impossible. While there is a sense of belief that the instant messaging platform helps you stay connected with your loved ones, it has made bigger inroads in our lives than just that. It is now being used to pass on official messages, exchange media and even to promote businesses. And, yet some of us are yet to realise WhatsApp's full potential. Well, there is a trick that allows you to use the Facebook-owned platform on your personal computer or laptop. The feature makes life easier as you can access all you messages on the bigger screen.
This can be done in two ways -
1. By downloading WhatsApp Desktop - An app that allows you to use WhatsApp on computer.
2. WhatsApp Web: A browser-based version of WhatsApp.
Steps to download WhatsApp Deskptop -
1. Go to whatsapp.com/download.
2. Click the green download button to install the WhatsApp application.
3. Open the downloaded file and install.
4. Follow the steps on installer to open the app.
5. Start the WhatsApp desktop application.
6. The app will keep you logged into WhatsApp until you choose to log out.
The users need to keep in mind that the app is only available if your are using Windows 8 (or newer) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer).
How to use WhatsApp web?
1. Go to web.whatsapp.com.
2. Open the app on your phone: For Android, click on the three dots on top and choose WhatsApp web. For iPhone, tap the settings icon at the bottom left and choose WhatsApp web/desktop.
3. You will be asked to scan a QR code.
4. Point the camera at the code.
5. Whatsapp web will automatically launch in the browser
6. It will remain active until you log out either from your computer or your phone.