Important WhatsApp Trick: How to monitor data usage, save money
The amount of data we consume through smartphones has gone up several times. However, in the meantime, more data consumption also put pressure on our wallets. Hence, this needs to be controlled.
Smartphones are getting increasingly smarter with every passing day. The amount of data we consume through smartphones has gone up several times. However, in the meantime, more data consumption also put pressure on our wallets. Hence, this needs to be controlled, specially in case of popular messaging app, WhatsApp. It has made users so addicted that no matter where they are, they tend to check smartphones just to see WhatsApp updates. If you are also a heavy WhatsApp user, here are tricks that will help you monitor data usage, save mobile data and money in the process:
Stop auto-downloading via mobile data
One of the best WhatsApp tricks that can actually help you save some precious mobile data is to stop auto-downloading feature in your smartphone. First, you need to disable the app’s ability to download media on mobile data. For this, you need to follow these steps,
1. Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > When using mobile data.
2. Next uncheck the downloading of photos, audio, videos and documents via mobile data option from your phone.
3. Tap on the file you want to download it.
WhatsApp Low data usage on call
WhatsApp also has the option to lower your data when you are on WhatsApp calls, they are said to be a handy feature on the platform which can consume a fair bit of mobile data if you’re a heavy user or on a limited plan. To save your data on WhatsApp calls you can follow these steps
1. Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > Low data usage
2. Tick the box to lower the amount of data used in a call.
Breakdown of WhatsApp data usage
All Android phones from the last five years or so ship with a data usage tracker, allowing the users to get an app-by-app breakdown of data usage. But WhatsApp also has a tracker, giving you a category-by-category look at data usage. To check the data usage from WhatsApp you need to follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > Network usage.
2. You will find an option of data usage related to Google Drive, roaming, WhatsApp calls, status updates, messages and overall usage.
3. Now you can check the data usage of WhatsApp by these steps.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.