How to create WhatsApp stickers of your own for Android; easy steps to beautiful customised images
Whatsapp sticker maker: WhatsApp has not only launched stickers but has also allowed users to create their own customised stickers.
Whatsapp sticker maker: WhatsApp has launched its much-awaited feature WhatsApp stickers just a few days ago and already they have become a rage in India. WhatsApp stickers have become an instant hit in India as they were launched just in time for the Diwali festival and people used them to send festival greetings to their family and friends. If you are a user of WhatsApp messaging app, your account may have been flooded with the Dhanteras and Diwali greeting stickers.
WhatsApp has not only launched stickers but has also allowed users to create their own customised stickers. "If you'd like to create your own stickers for WhatsApp, you can package them in an Android or iOS app. You can publish your sticker app like any other app to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and users who download and install your app will be able to start sending those stickers right away from within WhatsApp," it has said.
You can create custom stickers only if your app has the updated WhatsApp version. If you don't have the updated version, you can read - How to get the WhatsApp Sticker Update.
How to create WhatsApp stickers, sticker app of your own for Android
* Go to Google Play Store and install the app 'Sticker maker for WhatsApp'. You can also download it from bit.ly/2PMDooy.
* Open the app click on ‘Create a new stickerpack’ button
* Enter the name you want to give to your sticker pack. Enter author name as well.
* Now open the folder/pack you have just created. You will see a ‘tray icon’ with a capacity of up to thirty stickers.
* Click on the place ‘tray icon’. It will ask you for permission to use the camera of the phone along with device storage access.
* Either choose any image using ‘Select File’ option or capture image using 'Take Photo' option. After getting the image, you will have to draw an outline using your finger for the image you want to make a sticker.
* Now, tap on the ‘Yes, Save Sticker’ option. You will have to add a minimum of three stickers before you publish it using the ‘Publish Sticker Pack’ button.
* Clicking on the green button will ask you if you want to add the sticker pack to your WhatsApp. Since these stickers are exclusive to you, only you will be able to use it.
Watch This Zee Business Video
However, if you want to create a sticker app which anybody can use, then the WhatsApp has given following instructions for you:
To create your own sticker art, your stickers must meet the following requirements:
* Each sticker is an image that has a transparent background.
* Stickers must be exactly 512x512 pixels.
* Each sticker must be less than 100 KB. See the README files associated with the sample apps for tips on reducing the file size of your stickers.
You must also provide an icon that will be used to represent your sticker pack in the WhatsApp sticker picker or tray. This image should be 96x96 pixels and must be less than 50 KB. See the README files associated with the sample apps for tips on reducing the file size of your tray icon.
In addition to the requirements above, we strongly recommend the following when designing your stickers:
* Stickers will render on a variety of backgrounds, including white, black, colored and patterned. For this reason, we recommend you add an 8-pixel #FFFFFF stroke to the outside of each sticker. View this sample Photoshop (PSD) file.
* There should be a 16-pixel margin between the actual sticker image and the edge of the 512x512 pixel canvas.
However, to develop you own WhatsApp sticker app, you must have the learnings of a developer. To ease your efforts, WhatsApp has also provided sample apps and code for both Android and iOS developer on their website.