WhatsApp cuts your chat freedom after crackdown; here is how it will affect users
WhatsApp is the app which has changed the way people communicate. Its free chatting and calling features helped billions of people to stay connected.
WhatsApp is the app which has changed the way people communicate. Its free chatting and calling features helped billions of people to stay connected. However, some of its features also ran into a controversy for fomenting violence and mob lynching. Its bulk messaging facilities have been misused by some anti-social elements to spread violence.
Though WhatsApp is no stranger to controversies, the app in a blog post says that it will limit WhatsApp to just 5 chats at once. Soon the option to send a message, photo or video to more than five chats at once on WhatsApp might be unavailable to you. Besides that the platform will remove the quick forward option.
WhatsApp has been facing a lot of heat from the government in recent times in regards to regulatory policies or law enforcement on the platform.
Misinformation, false messages and rumours go viral on social media.
1. With this development now users will have more storage space as well as data usage and with this new limit will go down,
2. It will help curb spreading misinformation as users will now have a limit on how many chats a particular message can be shared.
3. One will now have to navigate to your phone’s gallery, select the particular media and then share it with your contacts.
4. A user will have to go through a longer process to find particular media want to share on WhatsApp
5. For multiple groups based on the operations, it will be difficult to share new updates with everyone if there are more than five WhatsApp groups in an organisation.