Want to hide 'Last Seen' on Whatsapp? Here is how to choose 'Nobody'
The Facebook-owned messaging app Whatsapp has been upgrading the app with several new features to make it more secure, especially after the Indian government cracked the whip after certain incidents cropped up.
The Facebook owned messaging app Whatsapp has been upgrading the app with several new features to make it more secure, especially after the Indian government cracked the whip after certain incidents cropped up. Recently, it has rolled out a feature that will help users to identify forwarded messages from the original ones. WhatsApp, which is one of the most popular messaging platform across the world also has its own downsides. One of those is 'Last Seen' feature. This helps the users to see whether the other person is online or when the other users have last used the app. Many users think this to be a breach of privacy.
Let's have a look at how you can hide 'Last Seen' on WhatsApp:
For Android users
1. Log in to the Whatsapp
2. Go to the option menu on the right hand side of the screen
3. Go to settings under the menu
4. Under the Setting, there is an 'Account' option, you have to tap on that
5. Now go to the privacy menu
5. Under the privacy menu, the last seen option is there. Now tap on 'Everyone' if you want everyone to see the last time you used the app. Or you can also click on the 'My Contacts,' if you just want your friends on the contact list not to see your 'last seen' or you can also choose 'Nobody' if you don't want anyone to to know whenever you are using the app.
NPS (National Pension System): How to create a corpus of Rs 5 crore with Rs 442 investment/day? After retirement, you will get Rs 2.5 lakh every month
India vs South Africa 1st T20I Free Live Streaming: When and Where to watch IND VS SA T20I series Match LIVE on Mobile Apps, TV, Laptop, Online
Post Office Time Deposit Scheme: Interest up to 7.5%, guaranteed returns, fixed income, preclosure rules, other benefits
Animal Box Office Collection: Ranbir Kapoor-starrer touches Rs 600 crore mark worldwide | Check OTT release details
For iOS users:
1. Log in to the Whatsapp app and tap on the Settings option.
2. Scroll down to the Account option under Settings
3. Click on Account and then select Privacy.
4. Now, choose among 'Everyone,' 'Nobody,' and 'My contacts' option according to your wish.
Also, a new feature- 'Predictive Uploads' will predict media files for you that you probably want to send. The concept of the Predictive Uploads goes like this- the app will start uploading an image to the server right after you selecting it on the media selection screen. This will result in faster media upload time and will be very helpful when there’s a slow internet connection at the user’s end.