Uber commuters alert! Cab aggregator gets this WhatsApp like feature: Check how to use it
One the leading cab aggregators in India, as well as the world, Uber has introduced a new feature to improve the experience of its users.
One the leading cab aggregators in India, as well as the world, Uber has introduced a new feature to improve the experience of its users. The new feature allows Uber users to make a free call to driver from within the mobile app. The feature is similar to WhatsApp calling where the users can make free calls to their contacts. This means they do not have to close the app and make the call through phone's dialer. This feature uses VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) which enables the free calling operation on the Uber app. The feature was introduced globally in October last year and has now been brought to India. The new Uber App feature is available on both the iOS and Android versions of the Uber App for smartphone users.
Here is how to use new Uber app feature to make calls:
1. Open the Uber app on your smartphone.
2. Select the location you want to visit.
3. Choose the cab option from Uber Auto, UberGo, UberMoto and others before booking.
4. Select the payment option and then confirm your location.
5. Once the cab is booked, you will get the option to call the driver.
6. You will be asked to select between calling through the Uber app or directly on driver's number.
7. Select the free calling option to use the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) feature.
Apart from this, Uber has also brought the VoIP-based calling feature for its driver partners as well. This will make cab driver capable of making free calls to the rider as well.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.