Truecaller users alert! Next big step in the evolution of caller ID is here - Amazing features EXPLAINED in simple manner
It is the next big step in the evolution of caller ID as Truecaller has rolled out a new feature Call Reason.
It is the next big step in the evolution of caller ID as Truecaller has rolled out a new feature Call Reason. Moreover, building upon its core proposition of making communication safer and more efficient for their users, Truecaller says it has rolled out 2 more features - Schedule SMS and SMS Translate for users globally. Here is all you need to know about these 3 features launched by Truecaller:-
CALL REASON feature
- Call Reason enables users to set a reason for their call, enabling the receiver to check what the call is about, whether the incoming call is personal, business or something urgent.
- This would increase pick up rates, especially when callers are calling from new numbers.
- This feature will start rolling out today to all Android users and will be launching for iOS early next year
- With this, the new feature extends the platform’s Caller ID feature to help users to send a note in their outgoing calls. This would empower users in higher pick-up rates on outgoing calls as the receiver would know "what reason the call has been placed".
- Businesses can set a customized text before every call which would increase engagement with their customers .
Schedule SMS feature
- The new 'Schedule SMS' extends the platform’s Caller ID feature to enable users to schedule a message reminder of any events, meetings, or what groceries you need to pick up at the end of the day.
- Users can schedule SMS by simply selecting the icon while messaging and choose a date and time. Your message will be sent then, and you will always be able to see it scheduled in your chat.
- This feature is available for Android users only
SMS Translate feature
-The SMS Translate feature allows users to instantly translate the content of their messages directly in Truecaller without leaving the app.
- This feature works for both SMS and instant messages (IM). All these features will be free for all consumers.
- The app automatically detects if a foreign language is used in the messaging screen and will show that a translation is available.
- This feature is powered by Google’s ML Kit and all messages are processed locally in the phone, which means the content of your messages never leaves your device.
- Language packs are downloaded to your device before translation begins. Users can also download additional languages to use them offline, anytime and anywhere.
- SMS Translate will only be available for Android.
Commenting on the features, Rishit Jhunjhunwala, Chief Product Officer at Truecaller said, “We are thrilled at the launch of Call reason, Schedule SMS and SMS Translate. We have been working towards building an innovative communication suite for our users and these three features are the next big step in line with this mission. Communication in 2020 is easier in many ways, but also complicated by the vast ways in which people connect for information. As a brand, we strive to stay true to the core principle of building a product for masses while always acting in the public interest. We are constantly listening to our users and want to help them by putting more power in their hands.”
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.