Paytm users alert! Beware of hoax SMS, calls about account suspension, account block, fake rewards
The dependence on digital payment modes has made life really easy. The ability to use payment apps to send money, pay all your bills, recharge, shop online store has made the dependence on cash non-existent.
The dependence on digital payment modes has made life really easy. The ability to use payment apps to send money, pay all your bills, recharge, shop online store has made the dependence on cash non-existent. While digital payment modes have been a big boon, fraudsters are constantly looking at new ways to con you into doing transactions that can cause you to lose big amounts of money from your account.
According to Paytm, if you have received any SMS/call asking you to download any app for KYC completion then please do not trust these communications, as these are fraudsters attempting to get your details. These fraudsters have started calling our customers saying that ‘We are calling from Paytm to re-activate your KYC’ and then they ask them to install apps like, AnyDesk, TeamViewer, QuickSupport, etc and give certain permissions to these apps which are given to any normal app.
Once the app is installed, generally a 9 digit address code is generated which when shared can allow other users to access your devices remotely. After gaining remote access to your device, all of your mobile banking apps can be accessed by these fraudsters and they will be able to transact through your account which includes UPI and wallets.
Here's how to remain safe
1. Paytm Full KYC can only be completed by having a face to face meeting with our agent at an authorized KYC point
2. SMS sent by Paytm about Full KYC only has the link to fix an appointment with our KYC agent or to locate your nearest KYC point
3. Paytm will never call you and ask you to install any app
4. We never send any SMS/Email for Paytm Minimum KYC
5. You do not need any support to complete your Minimum KYC with Paytm, it is a DIY process
6. A Paytm employee will never ask you for any of your PIN, OTP, Password, Password reset link, Debit/Credit card CVV or PIN or bank details
Watch Zee Business Live TV below
7. When a Paytm agent comes to complete your KYC do check their ID card
If you are being contacted stating that ‘your KYC has been completed and now to receive cashback or offer, you will receive an SMS with a link, to avail the offer click the link’, then always ensure that you do not click such links and delete such messages. Paytm never sends you an SMS with a link to avail any offer or none of the Paytm employees will do so, the company said.
Paytm has issued a special notification for KYC, which says that KYC can only be completed only at authorized KYC points or by a Paytm representative at your doorstep. Any SMS sent by Paytm regarding KYC will only have a link to fix an appointment with our KYC agents or find the nearby KYC points. Also remember, to complete Paytm Minimum KYC, you do not need any support. It is a DIY process. Once you login to your Paytm App, you get a pop-up after you click on that you can easily follow the steps to complete your Minimum KYC all by yourself.