Ministry of Civil Aviation grants drone use permission to 10 organizations including 4 in Maharashtra- Details here
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption from Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Rules, 2021 to 10 organizations including four in Maharashtra.
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have on Monday granted conditional exemption from Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Rules, 2021 to 10 organizations.
Out of the ten organizations four are in Maharashtra. According to the information provided by the Ministry of Civil Aviation the detail of the permission taht is the name of the organizations and purpose is as under:
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
1. National Health Mission, Mumbai: For conducting experimental BVLOS drone flights to deliver essential healthcare items in tribal areas of Jawhar in Palghar district of Maharashtra.
2. Mahindra & Mahindra, Mumbai, Maharashtra: For conducting drone based agricultural trials and precision spraying on paddy and hot pepper crop in the state of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh respectively.
3. Bayer Crop Science, Mumbai, Maharashtra: For conducting drone based agricultural research activities and agricultural spraying.
4. Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune: For atmospheric research at 5 locations including IITM Bhopal, NDA Pune, Karad Airport, Osmanabad Airport and Mohammed Airfield in Farrukhabad.
5. Government of Karnataka: Drone based aerial survey for creating urban property ownership records in Bengaluru.
6. Gangtok Smart City Development: Drone based aerial survey for Smart City Project.
7. Steel Authority of India, IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur, West Bengal: For conducting perimeter surveillance of the plant.
8. Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy, Hyderabad, Telangana: For conducting remote pilot training using drones.
9. Blue Ray Aviation, Gujarat: For conducting remote pilot training using drones.
10. Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited, Chennai: For conducting drone based aerial spraying to assess crop health & prevent crop disease.
It can be noted that these exemptions are valid for a period of one year from the date of approval or until further orders, whichever is earlier and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the SOP issued by DGCA.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.