MediaTek announces Dimensity 720 chipset with 5G connectivity for mid-range smartphones
MediaTek on Wednesday announced its latest chipset - the Dimensity 720 which will give consumers access to premium 5G experiences on mid-tier smartphones. With this MediaTek expands its portfolio of chipsets that support 5G.
MediaTek on Wednesday announced its latest chipset - the Dimensity 720 which will give consumers access to premium 5G experiences on mid-tier smartphones. With this MediaTek expands its portfolio of chipsets that support 5G. These include Dimensity 1000 for flagship 5G smartphones, Dimensity 800 and 700 series for more accessible 5G mid-tier devices.
- The Dimensity 720 is geared to provide a premium experience at 5G speeds for mid-tier devices with features that include:
- 90Hz high frame-rate displays for fast, smooth gaming and streaming
- Enhanced video streaming capabilities with MiraVision HDR10+ video playback.
- MiraVision HDR10+ supports a variety of video features including dynamic range remapping.
- Flexible camera configuration options with support for up to 64MP or 20+16MP dual cameras, plus a range of AI-camera enhancements powered by MediaTek’s integrated APU (AI Processing Unit).
- Integrated Voice Wakeup (VoW) to minimize power consumption of always-on voice assistants, and dual mic noise suppression so voice assistants can hear users more clearly even in noisy environments.
“The Dimensity 720 sets a new standard, delivering feature-packed 5G experiences and technology to devices that are more accessible to mass market consumers,” said Dr Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager, Wireless Communications Business Unit, MediaTek.
WATCH Asus ROG Phone 3 first look
With two Arm Cortex-A76 big cores operating at 2GHz in the octa-core CPU, the chipset improves the responsiveness of applications for a fluid user experience. The Dimensity 720 also packs an Arm Mali G57 class GPU, fast LPDDR4X memory and universal flash storage (UFS) 2.2 for fast read/write speeds.
The chipset supports the latest connectivity technologies including two carrier aggregation (2CC CA), Voice over New Radio (VoNR) and 5G and 4G dual SIM, dual standby (DSDS) to provide users with the best possible connection.
“This chip is highly power-efficient, has impressive performance and advanced display and imaging technologies. All of that combined will help brands usher in differentiated 5G devices for consumers around the globe,” Lee said.
The chipset also supports both standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) sub-6GHz networks. The Dimensity 720 is designed for global sub-6GHz 5G networks in Asia, North America and Europe.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.