India's average internet connection speed among the lowest in the world
While the internet connection speed in India is among the lowest in the world, it is also one of the cheapest in terms average monthly costs.
- India's average internet connection speed is just a little over 6 Mbps
- China's average internet connection speed at nearly 8 Mbps
- South Korea has the fastest internet connection speed in the world
India is among the lowest in terms of internet speeds in the world. The country's average internet connection speed is just a little over 6 Mbps. China is a bit higher with the average internet connection speed at nearly 8 Mbps, according to a recent Reddit chart.
Other Asian countries such as Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia have the much faster internet connection speeds. South Korea has the fastest internet connection speed in the world with at nearly 29 Mbps.
However, India is also one of the cheapest in terms of its internet connection. The average internet cost in India is below $20 per month. China is lower at around $15 per month.
Venezuela has the least internet cost at nearly $2 per month, but also has the lowest average internet connection at below 2 Mbps.
While Asian countries such as Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia have much faster internet connections, the cost of internet is much higher too.
Malaysia and Japan, for instance, have an average internet cost of nearly $40 per month. Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong pay between $20-30 as average internet cost.
Despite having the highest internet connection speed, South Korea's average internet connection cost is just over $20 per month.
In the US people enjoy an average connection speed between 18-20 Mbps, but pay a hefty price of over $50 per month as average internet costs. It's neighbor Canada is a little lower than the US in terms of average internet connection speed and cost.
However, the highest in terms of internet speed and lowest in terms of the cost has to be Russia and Romania.
In Russia, the average internet connection speed is 12 Mbps, but the average internet cost is around $5 per month. Similarly, in Romania people enjoy an average internet connection speed of nearly 18 Mbps and incur an average internet cost of around $8 per month.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has the most expensive internet connection costs. People in the UAE pay close to $90 per month for an average internet connection speed of between 8-10 Mbps.
- Merrill Lynch survey: 71% respondents say Reliance Jio 4G speeds have slowed down
- 4G infrastructure critical for higher internet speed: Morgan Stanley
- From Data to speed restrictions: Do you know all the changes to Reliance Jio's Happy New Year Offer?
- Idea beats Airtel in 4G speed wars; Jio rules the charts
- Reliance Jio launches new submarine cable system; internet speeds to touch 100 Gbps