How to delete unwanted photos from WhatsApp: Take the next step, now you can hide them too
The new feature is useful for people who want to avoid unwanted pictures that clog their phone gallery. It’s tough to delete so many pictures from the gallery so you can now avoid them through this new feature.
We are frequently bombarded by unwanted pictures on WhatsApp from different groups or individuals. Do you want to avoid seeing those pictures in your gallery? Whatsapp now has the ability to automatically hide the shared pictures. This new feature is useful for people who want to avoid unwanted pictures that clog their phone gallery. It’s tough to delete so many pictures from the gallery so you can now avoid them through this new feature.
Facebook-owned Whatsapp has a list of some very impressive features, and the messenger app is always adding more. Now the company has come with a feature where it has the ability to automatically hide shared media from your phone gallery. This feature also appeared in version 2.18.194, but now it is available in the latest Play Store beta (version 2.18.199).
Here are the steps to hide some unwanted pictures from appearing on your phone gallery.
1. Tap on any individual or group chat.
2. Now tap on the contact or group name at the top of the chat window or you can view the contact from three-dot menu.
3. You will now see a ‘media visibility’ option after mute notification and custom notifications (if you don’t see it, its time you update your app and then try again).
WATCH THIS ZEE BUSINESS VIDEO HERE
4. Tap on the new option that appears there (media visibility).
5. Now the app will ask if you want the downloaded media from your chat to be saved in your phone gallery or not.
(It only applies to new shared media; old pictures will remain in your gallery)
6. Now you don’t have to manually clear the pictures from your gallery.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.