Have Instagram account? Danger! Don't get hacked! Do this to stay safe - 7 top tips
It is very important for Instagram account holders to ensure that their identity stays safe and secured.
In the past few days, Instagram has been in headlines for many reasons, mostly wrong ones. This Facebook-owned social media app has taken many measures to eliminate misuse of their app, but hackers still manage to create a nuisance. Among the steps Instagram has taken are to even ban many users over their questionable activities. Not only that, the app is also getting rid of ‘Likes’ count option in various countries. However, Instagram security measures were again under a cloud after security researcher Laxman Muthiyah came across some vulnerabilities, which allowed him to hack many users account - with just three three simple actions. These allowed an individual to hack Instagram account were - triggering a password reset, requesting a recovery code and quickly trying out every possible recovery code against the account. However, the company has taken action against the new vulnerability.
But, it is very important for those Instagram lovers to ensure that their Instagram account and identity are safe and secured. Interestingly, while one is excited to use Instagram app for various reasons, one generally finds it boring to read across safety tips which can help protect one's account. If you are an Instagram user, you must note that you must be aware of the dangers so that no one can hack your account. For this, all you need to do is pay heed to these 7 top tips and you are good to go. Instagram has highlighted these:
1. Pick a strong password. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and &). It should be different from other passwords you use elsewhere on the internet.
2. Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Instagram asking you to do so. During automated security checks, Instagram sometimes recovers login information that was stolen from other sites. If Instagram detects that your password may have been stolen, changing your password on Instagram and other sites helps to keep your account secure and prevent you from being hacked in the future.
3. Never give your password to someone you don't know and trust.
4. Turn on two-factor authentication for additional account security.
5. Make sure your email account is secure. Anyone who can read your email can probably also access your Instagram account. Change the passwords for all of your email accounts and make sure that no two are the same.
6. Log out of Instagram when you use a computer or phone you share with other people. Don't check the "Remember Me" box when logging in from a public computer, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.
7. Think before you authorize any third-party app.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.