- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
Google Doodle pays tribute to Amrish Puri
The life and legacy of legendary actor Amrish Puri was commemorated by Google with a doodle on his 87th birth anniversary on Saturday.
The life and legacy of legendary actor Amrish Puri was commemorated by Google with a doodle on his 87th birth anniversary on Saturday. Pune-based guest artiste Debangshu Moulik celebrated the talent that Amrish Puri was with the doodle.
He was born in Punjab on this day in 1932, landed his first role at age 39 and went on to portray some of the most memorable villains in the history of Indian cinema, Google noted.
After working in the theatre world and doing voiceover parts, he made his Bollywood debut in 1971`s "Reshma Aur Shera". A decade later, he broke into Hollywood as Khan, a supporting role in the Oscar-winning movie "Gandhi".
Amrish Puri appeared in more than 200 films in over half a dozen languages, including Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Punjabi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, and English. At the age of 55, he played the iconic villain Mogambo in the 1987 cult classic "Mr. India", in which he delivered the famous line "Mogambo khush hua".
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.