- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Facebook honours Kochi teenager for spotting memory corruption bug on WhatsApp
Facebook has honoured a 19-year-old student from Kerala for spotting a memory corruption bug on its instant messaging platform WhatsApp, the media reported.
Facebook has honoured a 19-year-old student from Kerala for spotting a memory corruption bug on its instant messaging platform WhatsApp, the media reported. K.S. Ananthakrishna, a B.Tech student at Pathanamthitta Mount Zion College of Engineering College, detected the bug that enabled other people to completely remove files on WhatsApp without knowledge of the user, according to a report in Kerala-based Mathrubhumi on Monday.
A resident of Alappuzha, Ananthakrishna had found the bug two months ago and informed Facebook officials. Facebook examined the solution provided by the young student and after two months of observation, then social networking giant decided to honour him for successfully rectifying the error. Besides presenting him with a cash award of $500 (approximately Rs 34,000), Facebook also promised a spot for Ananthakrishna in the prestigious Hall of Fame, according to the report.
In addition to his research on ethical hacking, Ananthakrishna is also engaged in working for Kerala Police Cyberdome, a research and development centre of Kerala Police.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.