Facebook turns 15: Here are 5 hidden features of social media platform you must use
Founded by Mark Zuckerberg with some classmates in his Harvard dorm room, Facebook has grown massively in popularity over the last decade and a half and has amassed 2.32 billion monthly users.
The social networking giant Facebook, once known as Thefacebook.com, turned 15 on Monday. Founded by Mark Zuckerberg with some classmates in his Harvard dorm room, Facebook has grown massively in popularity over the last decade and a half and has amassed 2.32 billion monthly users. Even though last 12 months have been very, very tough for Zuckerberg as the network was hit by privacy scandals and evidence of orchestrated disinformation campaigns on the network, users have remain loyal. While the site is largely used by people to stay connected with each other, there is more that it offers. Here are five hidden features of Facebook that you must know of:
1. Secret Inbox: Not too many users know that there is a secret inbox which shows all the messages received from unknown users and their request to connect with you. The users can access this folder from Messages and need to click on Message Request’ folder placed beside ‘Recent’.
2. Download a copy of data: Do you wish to know everything you have done since joining Facebook? Facebook offers a feature to download all your activity to date including the chat messages. This can be done from Settings. The users need to click General and select the option, “Download all your Facebook data”.
3. Save posts: If you come across something interesting but don't have time to read it, you can save the post for later. The option is available for all the posts on your Newsfeed.
4. Who is liking what: Yes, there is a feature that tells you all the photos liked by your friends. Start typing "photos liked by" in the search box at the top and you will see suggestions including "me," "my husband," "my girlfriend," "my friends," etc. The website will give results based on your search.
5. All friend requests ever: Want to know who all sent you a friend request, ever? Facebook keeps a track of that. To view this, you need to go to Friend Requests, click on "People You May Know" and tap on "See All" link. The next page will show the option to "View Sent Requests."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.