- Inflation may fall to 5.2 pc next fiscal on normal rains, ease in supplies: RBI report
- Navratan SIP on Zee Business: Buy Avanti Feeds Limited Share - Check price target
- Govt to set up 100 5G labs to promote innovation: IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Indian Railways' 148 trains fully cancelled; Duronto rescheduled, Humsafar Express diverted - Check IRCTC refund rule
- Further rate hike to hit real estate sector badly, says realtors' body Credai
Beware! Your WhatsApp data is at risk due to this bug - Check remedy to nail it
Facebook-owned instant messaging platform, WhatsApp had recently launched new authentication features to add an extra layer of security on the app. The new feature rolled out for iOS users had brought Face ID and Touch ID authentication to WhatsApp. But, the app has reportedly been hit by a bug which disables these features and allows users to access WhatsApp even with the new security option being enabled. This puts your WhatsApp data at risk. The bug was first spotted by a Reddit user named de_X_ter who highlighted that if WhatsApp Face ID, Touch ID authentication feature has 1 minute, 15 minutes or 1 hour for the kick-in time, then the bug allows anyone to go past the security layer while using the WhatsApp share option on any other third-party application.
This means that in an ideal case, if you are using iOS Share Sheet, it should usually trigger Touch ID or Face ID authentication. But, because of this bug, ut doesn't happen. It also allows users to open the iOS Share screen without the need of Touch ID or Face ID. Even if the app asks for authentication, the users can simply tap the back button and continue the operation while bypassing the Face ID, Touch ID authentication.
What should users do?
It is still unclear if the problem is with WhatsApp or with iOS devices. So, the only way to tackle this problem right now is by setting the kick-in time for the WhatsApp Face ID, Touch ID authentication feature. This can be done heading to WhatsApp > Account > Privacy > Screen Lock.
How to use FaceID, TouchID fetaure?
1. Download the latest WhatsApp for iOS beta 2.19.20 version from the App Store.
2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
3. Go to WhatsApp Settings.
4. Select Account>Privacy.
5. The Touch ID or FaceID option will appear in the bottom half of the menu depending on the iPhone you are using.
Once the feature is enabled, you will have the option to choose the time frame after which you would like the application to be locked when you move to another app on the device.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.