- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Baba Ramdev's Kimbho app launch: Patanjali still hopeful, says report
Yoga guru Ramdev's dream 'swadeshi' messaging app 'Kimbho', which was expected to take on Facebook-owned WhatsApp, is still on 'hold'
Yoga guru Ramdev's dream 'swadeshi' messaging app 'Kimbho', which was expected to take on Facebook-owned WhatsApp, is still on 'hold', reports IANS. The app was taken down from app stores last year because of privacy concerns, company executives said. Kimbho app was launched with much fanfare in 2018 by Patanjali Ayurved. It promised features such as chat, multimedia, voice and video calling, video conferencing and collaboration.
Kimbho is a Sanskrit word which means "how are you" or "what`s new`. Soon after the launch, the much talked-about app had disappeared from Google Play Store and App Store after users raised security concerns. A trial version of the App had reappeared in August. Patanjali Ayurved had then promised a final version in couple of days. However, there was been no update on the app till now. But Patanjali appears not to have given up on the app completely yet.
The report quoted Abhitab Saxena, senior Vice President and Head of Information Technology at Patanjali, as saying that the Kimbho app is on hold for now. "Baba Ramdev Ji and Acharya Balkrishna ji will announce it at a press conference if anything comes up. As for now, the 'Kimbho app' is on hold," Saxena told the news agency.
Saxena said that the recent status of the app and the future plans for Kimbho app are "confidential". "We will provide an update if anything happens, only Balkrishna Ji can give a clear image about the app`s status and everything related to the Kimbho app," he said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.